Le Clos d'Albray" is a manor dating from the 18th century and is located on a large planted garden of 3000 m2 in the peaceful village of Comps La Grand Ville (400 inh.) in Aveyron in the region of Midi-Pyrenees. Built before the French Revolution by a family of notaries who owned it until the last war, the house became then a private school until 1995. The current owners occupy the house and have transformed parts of it into a gite/apartment and three bedrooms furnished and decorated with taste. A bowls ground (pétanque), a living room with a fire place and a piano (guest rooms only), a library (guest rooms only), board games as well as a secured external swimming pool are available to the guests.
Description of Chambres d'hôtes et gîte de charme - Le Clos d'Albray Bed & Breakfast:Le Clos d'Albray offers 3 light, warm and nicely decorated guest rooms with private bathroom and garden views. Each room has a television, a DVD player (DVD lending), a radio-alarm clock, a hair dryer. A secured swimming-pool (bath towels provided), a bowls pitch, a living-room with fire place and piano, a library and a parking are available to the guests.
Attractions:Visiting Aveyron The department of Aveyron has the greatest number of touristic conservations areas in France. Within 80km around Comps La Grand Ville, you will easily reach, by the mains roads or by beautiful small country roads: the Abbey of Bonnecombe at Comps La Grand Ville (guided visit), some beautiful villages such as Conques, Belcastel, Sauveterre de Rouergue, Najac, Cordes-sur-Ciel (Tarn), etc, the cities of Rodez, Villefranche de Rouergue, Roquefort; the Viaduct du Viaur, the Château du Bosc (Toulouse Lautrec's summer house), the Château du Colombier and many other castles, the Découverte of Carmaux (theme park), the lake of Pareloup (16km), the lake of Pont de Salars (25km), the famous Viaduct de Millau, Micropolis, the fortified villages, the Lot valley, the Tarn and the Dourbie gorges, the city of Albi (Tarn) (78km), animals parks, etc, etc.... Leisure activities * Balls ground at Clos d'Albray * Secured swimming pool at Clos d'Albray * Hiking departing from Comps * Swimming, water sport, fishing, hiking, bicycle at Lake of Pareloup (16km) * Horse riding (10km) * Golf in Rodez (20km) * Aeroclub (20km) * Numerous restaurants and farm inns will be suggested if you wish to taste the local cuisine.
Directions to Chambres d'hôtes et gîte de charme - Le Clos d'AlbrayBy car:
* from Rodez (20 km) ~ N 88 until La Primaube, D 902 direction Cassagnes-Bégonhès, D 82 direction Comps La Grand Ville.
* from Toulouse (150 km) and Albi (78 km) ~ D 112 direction Albi, A 61 direction Albi, A 68 exit Marssac-sur-Tarn, N 88 until La Primaube, D 902 direction Cassagnes-Bégonhès, D 82 direction Comps La Grand Ville.
* from Millau (57 km) ~ D 911 until La Primaube, D 902 direction Cassagnes-Bégonhès, D 82 direction Comps La Grand Ville.
* from Séverac-le-Château (65 km) ~ N 88 direction Rodez, via Naujac until La Primaube, D 902 direction Cassagnes-Bégonhès, D 82 direction Comps La Grand Ville.
* from Paris : Motorways A71/A75.
By air: (Rodez/Marcillac Airport 30km)
* Rodez-London-Rodez : 1 daily flight both ways (Ryan Air) ~ Rodez-Paris-Rodez : 3 daily flights both ways ~ Rodez-Lyon-Rodez : 2 daily flights both ways.
By train: (Rodez Train station 20km)
* Daily train from Paris, Toulouse (train stop at La Primaube, 10 km from Comps La Grand Ville).
View on Map